Wednesday, October 27, 2010

worm again

The worm returned last night, shiny and wet, snoozing next to my bed.


"Here again?" I said.


As always, he said nothing.


I scooped him up and returned him to the lawn, still wet from the evening's rain.


I am tired of explaining to him that the moist outdoors is his home, not the inside dry carpet.


In the past month, this is the sixth appearance of Mr. Worm.  Never, ever, had a worm appeared in my/our home.  In makes no sense.  Why come in out of the wet?  But he keeps returning to one of two places, and I'm no longer surprised.


What could this mean?  Rich would not return to me as a worm.   Mr. Worm could easily be Mrs./Ms./Miss; they're hemaphrodites. And not scholars.  If their brain is removed, their behavior remains virtually unchanged.  Their primary response is to light, and not much else.


Maybe this is the message.  Go to the light, the light...


I need to think about this.


Candace





1 comment:

  1. Go to the light. Indeed. Sage advice from Ms/Mr. Worm. Thank you, Candace!

    ReplyDelete